18 September 2009

Eight Pages of Details

I got a form in the mail from Social Security yesterday, asking for eight pages of details about my condition, and what I can and can't do. Scarecrow also got a form asking for eight pages of details about my condition, and what I can and can't do. He is supposed to fill his form out based on his own observations -- he's not supposed to ask me what I can and can't do.

Eight pages. I guess I'll stop worrying about whether or not I should have put more detail in my initial application.

Since they sent the forms at the same time to the same address, I wonder if it would cause any consternation if they came back filled out in the same handwriting? Paper forms are kind of a deal for me, because I can't do the whole pencil and paper thing anymore. I thought about asking Scarecrow to scan the form so I could use a graphics editing program put the answers in, and then print it out -- but that  seemed like a lot of bother. I finally just put all my responses in a text file. I'll print it out, stick it on the back of the form, and Scarecrow can write 'see yada yada' wherever appropriate.

Focusing on what I can and can't do is massively depressing, and the process of applying for Social Security disability benefits entails a lot of it. But hey, it's the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment