17 March 2011

Learning about Lightning

They say lightning never strikes twice in the same place. It makes sense, if you think about it. How much of a place is likely to be left, after it's been hit by lightning?

But me, I don't believe it anymore. Lightning can strike the same place twice. It may not happen very often, but it can happen. I know it can. Because it did.

On April 1, Scarecrow starts a new job that is absolutely amazingly like his old one. Who knew there were two book distributors in the Seattle area that would allow him to bring his disabled partner to work with him every day? It's way the heck the other end of town, so it will be the commute from hell, but how can you complain? Well, I can, of course. I can always complain. I'm really bad that way. But it beats the heck out of not having anything to complain about!

We still have some insurance problems to work out. Smaller problems than we were looking at before, for sure, but anything having to do with health insurance is always a pain in the butt. So there's that. But still.

Timing is everything, isn't it? Our old washing machine, which had been making an ominous clunking sound for some time, finally started smelling funny and filled the utility room with smoke. The new machine has many buttons, and can wash dog beds. Scarecrow likes.

5 comments:

  1. How great that you can go with Scarecrow!! Whew.

    Washes dog beds? I want, I want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a great job, commute be damned. You could do I-5 and sit in traffic, or learn the North/South routes through the neighborhoods. Wait! there are no north/south routes through most neighborhoods! Oh well. You're back to work, and that's the good thing. Also you have a new washing machine; that's a very good thing. Winter is on its way out, and I think that's the best thing of all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear that Scarecrow found work so quickly, and that it's so similar to your previous situation! Good luck with the insurance and the washer.
    Peace,
    Muff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome news!

    Caregivingly Yours, Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unbelievable! Really good news -- both about the job and being able to go with Scarecrow. So, sorry about the commute. As someone who's been a slave to the traffic in our area, that can be wicked. Books on tape maybe?

    Laughing about the buttons on the new washer. I have an ancient machine that offers only a handful of obvious choices. When I visit my sister and attempt to use her machine, I feel like an alien being pondering all the controls.

    So, glad to hear this news.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete