02 November 2009

Another Quiet Howloween

We got no trick-or-treaters on Halloween. Not one.

This year I can tell myself it was because we didn't have any lights on by the front door, because they're not wired up yet. But that doesn't explain why we didn't get any trick-or-treaters last year. Or the year before that. Or the year before that. In fact, since we moved into this house, we have never had any trick-or-treaters. Not one.

I admit we have kind of a steep driveway, but it's not that long, and there are two houses at the end of it. I wonder if they get any trick-or-treaters at the house next door? Or the house across the street? I'm trying not to take this personally. I won't let myself become bitter.

I guess we'll just have to eat this whole bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Just like last year. And the year before that. I thought about not buying treats, but if I did that, sure enough, this year we'd be Halloween Central. I couldn't take the chance, could I?

The weekend was not without excitement, however. Our ever-vigilant whippet saved us from a very scary doormat. It will never threaten us again.

No comments:

Post a Comment