27 August 2009

Not working is hard work

Queen of Procrastination that I am, I fiddled around all morning, getting nothing much done. I really did not want to go back to the next step in preparing to file for SSDI -- itemizing everything that's wrong with me, and describing how it keeps me from working. It wasn't fun yesterday, and it wasn't fun today either. But I finally did it. At least, I worked at it some. I got to where I can put it down for a day or so, and come back to it. If Scarecrow gets around to making us an appointment with Social Security (which ain't gonna happen today, because it's getting on to 4:30 and they close at 4:00) I'll be seriously motivated to take another run at it.

The insurance company called to verify some dates on my short-term disability claim. It's really not that hard. My last official day at work was August 14, but I actually stopped working June 19. I've been using up accumulated sick leave and vacation time since then. But when the insurance guy asked when I became disabled, I didn't really know what to tell him. Five years ago? Two months ago? Last week? It's not like I got hit by a truck. Anyway, we managed to get each other thoroughly tangled in terminology. The HR lady at work finally got it straightened out. I think. But this is a good sign. They got my claim, and they're thinkin' about it.

Who knew not working would be such hard work?

No comments:

Post a Comment