30 September 2013

It's Been a Long Afternoon

The mailman, come to kill us all! (And to drop off a package.) The ever-vigilant whippet, barking fiercely, frightens him away! (The mailman left the package at the door, and went back to his truck.)

The whippet is really quite pleased with himself.

The package is sitting on my desk.


I can't open it until Scarecrow quits work for the day, but I know what's in it, at least approximately. It's stuff my brother found when he was cleaning 65 years of accumulated detritus out of my mom and dad's house. It's stuff he didn't know what to do with, so he put it in a box and sent it to me.

It's been a long afternoon.



4 comments:

  1. A whole box of family "detritus" likely containing a treasure or two! Glad the mailman was able to leave it on the step. I look forward to hearing about some of the discoveries!

    Ormly Gumfudgin, eh? After the bazooka player?... I'll always think of you as Zoom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah. Thanks for catching that. I was doing a little reorganizing, but had a little disagreement with Google over how it ought to be done. I'm still fond of zoomdoggies as an alter ego, and think I'll hang onto it for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can imagine the unbearable wait! Watching the seconds tick by as the package is calling out to you... man, that would be tough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the box brings some fun/interesting finds. I caught the change of name also and was like eh? Glad your sticking with Zoomdoggies.

    ReplyDelete